Kashubian-style duck with orange sauce
The chef of the Magel Restaurant at Almond Business & SPA, presents a recipe for a Kashubian-style duck with orange sauce
1.7-2 kg duck
200 g apples (preferably sour)
100 g oranges
5 g marjoram
10 g garlic
400 g red cabbage
80 ml dry red wine
20 g raisins
20 g honey
200 g root vegetables (carrot, potato, parsley root, onion)
100 ml orange juice
5 g fresh ginger root
fresh chili pepper
• Marinate the duck in the marjoram, salt, pepper and garlic. Put in the fridge for about 24 hours.
• After marinating, peel and quarter the apples and the oranges, and use them to stuff the duck. You can put the duck to roast immediately, or keep in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
• Preheat the oven to 190°C. Put the duck in an ovenproof dish and roast for 1.5-2 hours.
• In the meantime, shred the cabbage and put in a pan. Fry it, adding the wine, raisins, some of the apples and the honey.
• Wash the root vegetables, slice them in half and rub them with the sunflower oil. Place on baking paper and roast for 30-40 minutes until soft.
• Pour the orange juice into a pot. Add the honey, freshly grated ginger and chili pepper. Cook until a thick sauce is formed.
• Serve the roast duck on the cabbage and with the roast vegetables. Top everything with the sauce. The duck can be garnished with fresh rosemary and thyme.