Turkey roulade with millet groats and mushroms
We are very pleased to present a roulade recipe recommended by the deputy chef in the Senso Restaurant and Bar at the Scandic Hotel, Jacek Olszewski.
- ca. 1.3 kg turkey fillet
- 0.5 a glass of millet groats
- 10 dag of dried boletus or other mushrooms
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Onion, Dijon mustard, rosemary, thyme, butter, oil, salt, pepper
1 Rinse the millet and cook it in water with a pinch of salt.
2. Soak and cook the mushrooms; chop them afterwards.
3. Dice the onion finely and sauté it in butter.
4. Chop parsley.
5. Stuffing: Add mushrooms, fried onion, parsley, some chopped rosemary and thyme to the boiled and cooled millet, season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Wash the turkey fillet and cut it open but not entirely so as to get a book shape; season with mustard, salt, pepper, oil, rosemary and thyme; after that, pound the entire fillet until it is 1 cm thick.
7. Arrange the prepared stuffing on the meat and roll it into a roulade.
8. Wrap it in aluminium foil and bake at 160oC for about 1 hour.