Tuna steakFot. Restaurangen Zeppelin
The chef of Zeppelin Restaurant at Wolne Miasto Hotel – Maciej Butkiewicz – sent us this tuna steak recipe served with potato slices, grilled vegetables and lemon sauce.
Ingredients (two portions)
- 2 x 200 g tuna
- 300 g vegetables (champignons, courgette, fresh pepper, red onion)
- 300 g potatoes
- 1 lemon
- 50 g white onion
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 250 ml sour cream – 34% fat
- 100 g butter
- salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
- Slice the peeled and boiled potatoes into 2 cm slices.
- Chop the washed and cleaned vegetables into pieces of a size you like.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the minced onion.
- Caramelise the onion, add the wine and spices, and let the liquid evaporate to 3/4 of the pot depth.
- Scald the lemon rind, grate finely and squeeze the juice into the pot.
- Pour in the sour cream and simmer until the mixture becomes creamy in consistency.
- Heat a grill pan, and toss the prepared vegetables.
- When the vegetables are ready, throw on a 2 cm thick tuna and fry it for 2 minutes on each side (for medium rare).
- Stir-fry the potatoes in a frying pan.
- Put all the ingredients on a plate and add seasoning, flavour the tuna with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Serve the sauce separately in a gravy boat. Enjoy!